Enterprise-class, Scalable, Flexible and Multi-Tenant-Capable
With highly secure and flexible architecture deployment — on-premise, SaaS, or hybrid — AtHoc platforms support enterprise-wide, multi-site implementation serving the alerting needs of individual locations, groups, or tenants.
AtHoc enables emergency managers to send alerts, view events, and interact with personnel across a geo-distributed enterprise, while providing a “private” system for each remote site. The permissions management system controls operator access rights to event information, scenarios, contact information, and devices.
AtHoc Enterprise-Class Architecture on Cloud
Automatic and manual failover in the event of primary system failure.
Protected, secure communication, authentication and encryption. Complying with Federal IA regulations, including NIST SP 800-37/53 Rev3 and DIACAP.
- Digitally PKI-signed email(SMTP) uses your organization’s email address domain.
Supports hundreds of thousands of personnel via a load-balanced server farm.
Active Directory, LDAP, and other common enterprise directories are accessible via API.
Standard and open protocols including CAP, XML and web services.
AtHoc IWS is built to support the large scale and distributed enterprise, allowing control and visibility from the HQ level to the geographically distributed unit level.
Flexible Cloud Deployment Options
The AtHoc platform’s robust system architecture is designed to support a flexible selection of cloud deployment configurations, optimized to your organization’s specific requirements. Expedient, cost-effective, and efficient, AtHoc cloud options support multi-tenancy with complete isolation among customers.
Each option offers distinct advantages:
Highly secure and deployed behind your organization’s firewall, the on-premise solution integrates user directory databases with maximum privacy and PII protection.
- Organizations rapidly alert personnel with assured security via all IP-connected devices: mobile and smartphones, computers, VoIP phones, and more.
- Integrates with non-IP legacy notification systems: public address (PA) systems, Giant Voice communications, fire panels, and physical security sensors.
- Incorporates active directory data and internal resources including Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Microsoft Lync.
- Enterprises maintain the AtHoc solution from their own on-premise private cloud app, while the multi-tenancy capability supports individual groups.
SaaS from geo-redundant remote and secure hosting facilities, this public configuration speeds deployment and eliminates the need for on-site hardware, saving installation costs.
- Viable for EMNS deployments by public safety and national security organizations.
- Quick (authorized) access to any IP-connected device when systems are down.
- You can choose to migrate to a private cloud deployment at a later time.
- Supports complete separation among clients.
- NIST Compliance: AtHoc IWSAlerts achieves the highest level of security compliance, meeting federal government National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST) SP 800-37/53 Rev3 regulations.
An optimum blend of benefits with the AtHoc emergency communications system installed locally with secure access to a remote communications center.
- Your organization has a secure connection to local delivery systems from the cloud-based system .
- Built-in architecture redundancy lets emergency managers quickly resume communications in the event of system failure.
- Allows multiple, flexible deployment models and data security protection.
- Lower capital investments with all features and functionalities essential for effective notification intact.
The role of AtHoc IWSAlerts is shown monitoring events from multiple sources (on left), delivering alerts to multiple devices and capturing responses from individuals (on right)