Location: San Mateo, CA
AtHoc is the pioneer and recognized leader in network-centric, interactive crisis communication. We serve the security, life safety and business continuity missions of commercial enterprises and government agencies worldwide. A trusted partner to the world's most demanding customers, AtHoc is recognized as the #1 provider of interactive crisis communication solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Department of Homeland Security. AtHoc was founded in 1999 by hi-tech entrepreneurs and received backing from Greylock Partners and Intel Capital. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with operations across the globe.
For more information on AtHoc, please visit http://www.athoc.com.
We seek a seasoned Software Engineer at a staff level. This person will be given an entrepreneurial opportunity in a rapidly growing enterprise software company to design the largest enterprise application to date and execute on it. This position will report a Sr. Software Development Manager. As is typical with start-ups, this role goes beyond a traditional function – the person must have the ability to act independently in an unstructured environment, operate proactively and have a passion/appreciation for the vision and mission of the company. The Staff Software Engineer will work in an agile team, researching, designing, developing, and testing high quality software. The position is responsible for developing software solutions or components in collaboration with product owners, database developers, and UX designers.
- Perform requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, verification and validation, and maintenance of models in a complex web application in a .net environment.
- Analyze and document software requirements, clarifications, use cases, design specifications, creates and implement software code
- Utilize software lifecycle development processes, standards and best practices to ensure high quality software applications are designed thoroughly tested and delivered utilizing agile methodology
- Actively participate in all aspects of new product development and enhancements to existing applications
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements and develop solutions
- Research, design, document and modify software specification
- Create, maintain and test software using Visual Studio
- Assist with production issue resolution
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field and ten plus (10+) years total working experience in commercial web based software development OR
- Master Degree in Computer Science or related field and seven plus (7+) years total working experience in commercial web based software development
- Five plus (5+) years recent experience in .NET and related technologies
- Hands on experience in implementing enterprise software using ASP.NET, MVC and related technologies
- Experience in Agile Development / Scrum Methodologies
- Architecture experience a plus
AtHoc, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.