Location: Any remote location near a major metropolitan airport within the U.S.
AtHoc is the pioneer and recognized leader in network-centric, interactive crisis communication. We serve the security, life safety and business continuity missions of commercial enterprises and government agencies worldwide. A trusted partner to the world's most demanding customers, AtHoc is recognized as the #1 provider of interactive crisis communication solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Department of Homeland Security. AtHoc was founded in 1999 by hi-tech entrepreneurs and received backing from Greylock Partners and Intel Capital. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with operations across the globe.
For more information on AtHoc, please visit http://www.athoc.com.
We seek Sr. Professional Services Engineer who will also act as Project Manager for our DoD customer base. This position will report directly to Sr. Director of Professional Services. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the installation and deployment of enterprise-level software and will have 4-7 years of experience in a fast-paced environment and is capable of installing software in an enterprise, networked, distributed environments. This candidate should have an active Secret Clearance or higher, be comfortable driving installation and deployment standards and works well in front of customers. The position will require up to 50-75% travel and can be home based, preferably close to a metropolitan airport.
As is typical with start-ups, this role goes beyond a traditional function – the person must have the ability to act independently in an unstructured environment, operate proactively and have a passion/appreciation for the vision and mission of the company.
- Onsite deployment of AtHoc's enterprise software products
- Providing guidance on requirements gathering from customer
- Manage customer expectations as they relate to the agreed upon scope of the implementation
- Assisting in the architecture of the solution
- Owning the engineering deployment details and changes for assigned implementation projects
- Providing point of contact for customer technical resources
- Creating and maintaining accurate customer deployment reports
- Assist customers to increase self sufficiency
- Contribute to and maintain solutions knowledge base
- DoD (or equivalent) Secret Clearance or higher.
- Project management experience with Commercial and Federal government customers
- System administration experience with current Microsoft Server flavors and Desktop Operating systems
- Ability to create presentations and brief at all levels of the organizational hierarchy
- Active Directory admin experience
- Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 as backend to enterprise web applications
- Web application server deployment experience, preferably IIS
- Experience with securing web applications to NIST standards
- Experience with enterprise software distribution technologies (SCCM, Ratia, Altirus)
- Web development experience a plus
- Working knowledge of SQL (e.g. Running Stored Procedures, managing maintenance plans, DB restores/backups)
- Experience with hardware load balancer setup and configuration
- Working knowledge of PKI (i.e. smart card) authentication for web applications
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Work well under pressure and tight timelines
- Be accountable and with strong sense of ownership and excellent execution skills
- 50%-75% Travel is expected
- Requires college degree in engineering or related fields or equivalent experience
AtHoc, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.