Location: San Mateo, CA
AtHoc is the pioneer and recognized leader in network-centric interactive crisis communication. We serve the security, life safety and business continuity missions of commercial enterprises and government agencies worldwide. A trusted partner to the world's most demanding customers, AtHoc is recognized as the #1 provider of interactive crisis communication solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Department of Homeland Security. AtHoc was founded in 1999 by high-tech entrepreneurs and received backing from Greylock Partners and Intel Capital. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with operations across the globe.
For more information on AtHoc, please visit http://www.athoc.com.
As a Build & Release Engineer, you will be responsible for managing the systems, processes, and interactions for efficient build and release of AtHoc’s sophisticated software products. You will ensure the integrity of development and test environments, manage the source control system, and develop and implement the build and release processes. We need a team player who can work cross- functionally with Development, QA and Operations to successfully move software from development to production deployment. You will use your experience to increase productivity as well as research, design, and implement solutions that make our development process state-of-the-art.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing, and release management for .Net, iOS and Android products
- Own, manage, and improve our release process with a focus on scale and efficiency
- Improve the effectiveness of our build and release cycle through the development, tracking, and reporting of metrics
- Research, build, or install and maintain tools needed for build and release
- Automate repeatable tasks with scripting languages such as C#/Python/PERL/Java
- Work closely with Product Management, Development, QA and Operations teams to identify, prioritize, and drive release-related issues to resolution quickly
Desired Skills & Experience Requirements:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with software engineering, release engineering, and/or configuration management
- Strong experience in building Microsoft applications (Mac OS, iOS and Android are highly desired)
- Experience with at least one continuous integration system such as TeamCity, Hudson, Jenkins
- Experience with software development tools like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with administration of version control systems such as SVN
- Experience with maintaining source tree, merging changes, branching, tagging as needed
- Experience with NAnt, Powershell, C#, Python, DOS Batch
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with a provisioning system for Windows OS
- Experience with package manager for the Microsoft development platform such as Nuget and NuGet Gallery
- Experience with administration of development tools such as JIRA, TestLink, Confluence, Crowd, Fisheye
- Strong written and verbal communication skills