Location: San Mateo, CA
AtHoc is the pioneer and recognized leader in network-centric, interactive crisis communication. We serve the security, life safety and business continuity missions of commercial enterprises and government agencies worldwide. A trusted partner to the world's most demanding customers, AtHoc is recognized as the #1 provider of interactive crisis communication solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Department of Homeland Security. AtHoc was founded in 1999 by hi-tech entrepreneurs and received backing from Greylock Partners and Intel Capital. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with operations across the globe.
For more information on AtHoc, please visit http://www.athoc.com.
As part of our .Net web applications team, you will be building products that help save lives. We make everything from GIS to mobile applications and you will be a key part of building the interfaces to these applications. We're a small team but we write bulletproof code because, well, lots of people are depending on us. If you're interested in building long-lasting, critical products (versus widgets or another social apps), come talk to us!
This position will report directly to Sr. Software Development Manager. As is typical with start-ups, this role goes beyond a traditional function – the person must have the ability to act independently in an unstructured environment, operate proactively and have a passion/appreciation for the vision and mission of the company.
- Lead the complete software development lifecycle by working with business owners to gather requirements, prepare functional specifications, generate project plans, and communicate progress throughout the project
- Develop and test high-quality software in a team environment. Software is expected to be on a continuous integration system with a focus on elegant interfaces.
- Migrate/redesign legacy UI components (ASP based) to new generation UI using .Net platform.
- Work with a team on multiple projects throughout the lifecycle, interacting with business owners, designers, developers, technical operational teams, QA, and support.
- Write and maintain software documentation.
- Assist in the development of training material for end user under the supervision of technical writer.
- 8+ years of experience in software development including 5+ years' experience in developing web applications in Microsoft ASP.NET with C#/.NET application framework
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft ASP.NET MVC framework
- Experience building AJAX-driven web functionality
- Expert in object-oriented paradigm, including working knowledge of core libraries, design patterns, object to relational mapping
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
AtHoc, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.