Location: Silicon Valley (No relocation budget)
AtHoc is the pioneer and recognized leader in network-centric, interactive crisis communication. We serve the security, life safety and business continuity missions of commercial enterprises and government agencies worldwide. A trusted partner to the world's most demanding customers, AtHoc is recognized as the #1 provider of interactive crisis communication solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Department of Homeland Security. AtHoc was founded in 1999 by hi-tech entrepreneurs and received backing from Greylock Partners and Intel Capital. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with operations across the globe.
For more information on AtHoc, please visit http://www.athoc.com.
As the Senior Systems Administrator in the AtHoc SaaS Operations organization, this critical individual will be a team player accountable for the architecture and operational support of AtHoc's critical VBLOCK platform, which supports Cisco UCM for telephony communications & other SaaS applications. This individual will work with the SaaS Operations team to ensure that our VBLOCK Platform and Microsoft servers and applications remain highly available.
- The types of tasks this individual is responsible are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks.
- This individual will apply his/her experience and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- Recommend and drive delivery of future architecture for communications, identity, and patch management services independent of technology provider.
- Provide Tier 3 operational support for existing VBLOCK/MS infrastructure and services, including advanced troubleshooting, SOP preparation to support VBLOCK.
- Respond to critical security incidents in the VBLOCK/Microsoft environment as necessary to ensure advanced persistent threat response and mitigation.
- Establish, build, harden and maintain "golden masters" of MS operating system environments for VMware.
- Establish VBLOCK patch methodology procedures and implementation
- Respond to audit findings and remediation within the Microsoft OS, communications, and identity services.
- 8-10 years of senior IT systems engineering experience in EMC Storage / Cisco UCS.
- Demonstrated, current senior level experience supporting EMC Storage & Cisco UCS in an entrepreneurial company.
- Demonstrated experience supporting Microsoft SharePoint technologies, preferred
- Demonstrated experience with VMWare or third party hypervisor technologies--(VMware vCloud Director (vCD),VMware View, VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM), VMware Orchestrator)
- Demonstrated understanding and adherence of change-control process management required
- Demonstrated solid understanding of Microsoft performance tuning and general systems trouble shooting skills in all levels of Microsoft environments
- VCP – Highly Preferred
- Ideal candidate must have the qualifications to hold security clearance if necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills, gets along well with others.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Able to multi-task, can manage and prioritize several projects to meet deadlines.
- Performs with minimal supervision, works well independently.
- Highly motivated self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and wants to learn new technologies.
- Flexible, able to work nights/weekends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, understands and communicates both inside & outside the organization.
AtHoc, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.